The good news is that your body cleanses, cleans and does its best to freshen you up on a daily basis. The bad news is that it’s often not able to cope with the volume of toxins coming in.
So what causes this toxic overwhelm?
Toxins enter your body a number of ways:
Through your skin from chemicals in body washes, clothing detergents, skin creams and make-up
Via your lungs from the air we breathe which includes pollutants from vehicles, industry and air ‘freshening’ products, as well as fumes from cleaning products, fire retardants and paints, carpets etc
From chemical additives, preservatives and colourings in your food, as well as the residues of farming chemicals
From pharmaceutical products
The waste and bi-products of yeasts within your bodyAnd even the negative thoughts you think and emotions you feel – yes there is a reason they are called toxic thoughts
Whilst your body deserves some love and gratitude for doing it’s best to cope with all of this, sometimes it needs a little more assistance in the form a of a break from the overwhelming toxic input… a holiday and some time to catch up.
Toxic overload impacts all systems of your body. It leads to inflammation in organs and tissues throughout your body - including your brain - as well as heightening sensitivity and reactivity to foods, allergens (like pollen), and mental and emotional stress.
So how do you know when it’s time to give your body a toxic break, and some space to work through the backlog?
Here are 20 signs it’s time to cleanse and clean out.
Food and digestive stuff
You get Indigestion/bloating/gas/heartburn regularly after eating
You easily get constipation or diarrhoea
You feel addicted to foods you know aren’t good for you, or that maybe even deplete you
You have cravings for sugar or starchy foods
Body and skin signs
- You tend to gain weight easily, especially around your belly
- You have headaches more than occasionally
- You have allergies and sensitivities including hayfever
- You have some extra weight that won’t shift no matter how much dieting or exercise you do
- You have fluid retention
- You experience pain, muscle achiness or stiffness in your joints and muscles
- You experience skin rashes, itchiness or breakouts
- You frequently feel tired or wiped out, or have energy slumps
- You have sinus congestion, sore throats, a runny nose or frequent low level infections
- You have a coating on your tongue and your breath (and body odour) isn’t pretty
- You get overly hot or sweaty and it’s not menopause-related
- You have puffy, dark circles under your eyes
Mental and emotional signs
You have problems focusing or get a foggy brain
You experience mood swings, crankiness, anxiety or depression
You can’t sleep, even when you feel broken
You often lose your resilience and ability to cope with stress
If you’re feeling a number of these symptoms, this is your body giving you some important messages that it needs some support and a holiday from the toxic input.
During a toxin holiday or cleanse, your body decomposes and cleans out the substances and tissues that are damaged, diseased, or unneeded. As a result, within a few days you’ll experience increased health, energy, and vitality.
Join us on our 14 Day Guided Cleanse to gain more energy, clarity and positivity.